Cleaning your overhead WATER TANK
It is necessary to clean and disinfect your water holding tank(s) at least once a year or more often, if required. This is to remove algae (plant growth which produces bad tastes and odours), silt, and bacteria which may be harmful.
If the Water Holding Tank is: *Accessible for Cleaning :
1. Empty the tank.
2. Scrub or pressure wash the interior walls to remove dirt and grime.
3. Rinse out the tank.
4. Mix a solution of household bleach and water (1 tablespoon or 15 ml of bleach for every gallon of water).
5. Scrub or pressure wash the interior walls of the tank with this solution, and leave it sit for 2 hours.
6. After 2 hours, thoroughly rinse the tank with clean water.
7. Refill with potable water.
* Caution is to be taken when using a strong chlorine solution. A water holding tank is a confined space. Under no circumstances should you enter a confined space, unless taking the appropriate precautions otherwise contact us at Trabajillos or 08067179557 to come do it the professional way